Director, Strategic Initiatives and Optimization
The Director of Strategic Initiatives & Optimization of Steward Medical Group (SMG) reports directly to the SMG Executive Director of Practice Operations and focuses on process improvement and project management across the organization. This position works closely with the VP of Revenue Cycle, COO and VP of SMG Optimization and other senior leaders in the organization to align strategic initiatives and ensure for timely project completion. Projects will focus on improvements to patient care delivery while maximizing product functionality and ensuring for efficiency across the organization. This position will be responsible for evaluation, implementation and management of initiatives focused on improving patient care within the practices of Steward Medical Group.
Improve Patient Care Delivery (PCD) by:
- Identifying opportunities to maximize patient care delivery and revenue capture across Steward Medical Group (SMG) and assist in development of strategies for meeting these needs.
- Direct oversight of the project team members for SMG
- Responsible for management and delegation of projects to team members
- Responsible for leadership project updates and ensuring for timeliness of completion. He/she will escalate risks to projects when necessary
- Preparing reports that monitor progress of defined metrics and communicate progress to stakeholders within SMG.
- Working in conjunction with other teams (Steward HealthCare Network (SHCN), Information Services (IS)) within Steward to enhance performance improvement across Steward Medical Group
- Providing oversight and support for the overall planning, development and implementation of projects that support strategic program initiatives for SMG.
- Supporting operational, finance and revenue cycle leaders in optimizing current systems to align with strategic goals.
- Working in conjunction with operational, finance and revenue cycle leaders to define performance metrics that align with SMG initiatives.
- Ensure highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
- Stay current with changes in the overall Healthcare landscape and trends.
- Establish and maintain a high level of client trust and confidence in the team’s knowledge of, and concern for its Physicians.
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external) in accordance with the Company mission and vision statements.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Understanding of Healthcare EHRs, preferably athena and Meditech
- Vendor management and negotiations experience in development of effective partnership with vendors.
- Ability to effectively adapt to a rapidly changing industry and apply it to business needs, developing and delivering projects.
- Dynamic leadership that can develop and energize multidiscipline, high-performance work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to business needs.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare organizational development and workflow
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; an ability to present and discuss technical and business information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Project management skills, effectively arranging resources and managing multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience (Type & Length): 5+ years of related experience in healthcare organization(s) understanding the clinical, technical and workflow dynamics of healthcare
Must have successes in the following areas:
- Successfully developed and implemented new solutions and work processes.
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Experience in effectively communication with customer, employees, and senior management.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.