Director, Strategic Communications -East
Hospital Administration Corp
We are seeking a hands-on, high impact director of strategic communications to lead the communications capability for Steward's East Region - the company's flagship market, representing 9 hospitals as well as thousands of primary care physicians, specialists and medical professionals across Massachusetts. Reporting to the regional president in Boston with a dotted line to the company's chief communications officer in Dallas, you will serve on region's senior leadership team with responsibility for designing and executing the integrated communications and marketing strategy for this critical market.
* Partner with the East Region director of marketing, as well as the marketing directors for the Steward's employed and affiliate physician network groups to develop and orchestrate an integrated marketing, public relations and employee engagement plan for the Massachusetts market.
* Ensure seamless integration and executive visibility of all marketing, PR and employee engagement, executive communications and community events / partnerships.
* Craft a compelling, relevant and differentiated narrative, positioning and messaging platform that ensures that we are speaking internally and externally in one voice.
* Serve as the senior communications advisor to the regional president, hospital presidents and other leaders serving the Massachusetts market.
* Establish and nurture strong relationships with local media and influencers, serving as spokesperson for Steward in the region when necessary.
* Identify market-wide and community-level stories that support business and reputation-building imperatives that can be conveyed through internal, earned, owned and social channels.
* Develop an engagement-driving employee communications strategy for the Massachusetts market, including executive communications for the regional president.
* Partner with the vice president of corporate relationships to develop and activate a strong regional community presence through strategic sponsorships, events and community partnerships.
* Protect Steward and local hospital reputations by developing a market-level issues and crisis management protocol for rapidly responding to and recovering from incidents with minimum brand impact.
* Conceive and implement an analytics-based platform and dashboard for measuring marketing and communications performance against regional business goals.
* Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
We are looking for a proven strategic communications leader with a track record of playmaking impact. You will bring to Steward a hard-charging confidence and low-ego humility that enables you to drive results in our complex, technology-fueled entrepreneurial culture. Here's what we want:
* At least 8 years of experience of leading and executing integrated communications campaigns and initiatives for fast-moving, constantly changing, results-focused organizations -- in either corporate or agency settings.
* An insatiable appetite for simplifying the complex and connecting the disconnected in highly ambiguous and defused settings.
* A self-awareness, adaptability and ability to engage with a wide variety of audiences, stakeholders and communities -- inside and outside the company.
* An unprecedented intuition and understanding of contemporary best practices in integrated communications across paid, earned, social and owned channels.
* A tested spokesperson exemplified through a portfolio of reputation-building and protecting experiences.
* A confident and trusted advisor to senior leaders, peers and other internal stakeholders.
* A passionate brand storyteller, fluent at crafting and telling reputation-elevating and employee-motivating narratives across digital and conventional platforms.
* An analytics-savvy, performance-driven leader obsessed with turning goals into reality by pairing long-term strategy with outcomes-focused execution.
* A voracious consumer of industry trends, news, blogs, books, podcasts and other consumer, business, cultural and professional media.
* A no-nonsense team player skilled at breaking down silos and bringing people together by bringing them along.
* Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing Or Relevant Field. Advanced Degree (MBA, Masters) preferred.
* At least 8 years of relevant professional experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 53990