Director, Regional Compli & Priv Officer
The Regional Compliance & Privacy Officer-Hospitals is a member of the OCCP with general duties and responsibilities related to being the focal point for implementing Steward Health Care System’s (Steward) Compliance & Privacy Program for approximately 2-5 community hospitals in a region.
This position reports directly to a Divisional System Deputy Compliance & Privacy Officer and indirectly to the Hospital Presidents/COOs. The Regional Compliance & Privacy Officer-Hospitals needs to be a person of high integrity, and any other duties assigned should not be in conflict with the Steward’s compliance program goals and objectives. This position will be based at one of the hospitals in the assigned region and will require some travel to the other assigned hospitals as well as other Steward locations.
The Regional Compliance & Privacy Officer is responsible for driving implementation of Steward’s Compliance Program at the hospital level. This position will be accessible to their assigned hospitals in order to implement and maintain the Compliance & Privacy Program and to provide guidance to hospital management teams.
Required Knowlege & Skills
- Knowledge and experience with all general health care compliance and privacy regulations required.
- Knowledge and experience with hospital specific health care laws and regulations, and hospital inpatient/outpatient coding and billing compliance required.
- Familiarity with operational, financial, and information technology security regulations is a must.
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills a must.
- Strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills and the ability to function effectively in a fast- paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work independently.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Effectively work with and coordinate the activities of external consultants and legal counsel.
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and proactively respond.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education: A bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years experience in a health care environment, to include demonstrated management and leadership in compliance and privacy. For profit health care experience a plus.
Certification/Licensure: Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) certification required. Certification in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) preferred.
Software/Hardware: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and PowerPoint Skills Required. Microsoft Access Skills preferred. Ability to effectively navigate electronic health records and hospital billing systems preferred. Ability to research applicable Medicare, Medicaid and other compliance requirements is required.
Other: Travel Requirements:
- The ability to travel regionally and nationally
- Must have a valid driver's license, provide own transportation, and be able to travel to Steward locations using a variety of modes of transportation
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 25494