The Director of Operations has administrative and analytical responsibility for the labor management operations of the MA Division. Conducts reviews of staffing and budgeting processes for Operations and Patient Care Services across the MA Steward Health Care hospitals. Recommends and coordinates implementation of changes designed to ensure optimum utilization of labor resources. Monitors and tracks performance parameters.
- Completes advanced analytics to assess hospital efficiency and productivity via Excel models, scheduled reporting, and ad hoc requests by Executive Leadership.
- Provides superior customer service to internal clients, external clients, customers and patients.
- Assists in formulating both long and short term strategic plans for operational needs.
- Adjusts resource utilization according to volume of services in a way which balances efficiency and quality in areas of responsibility.
- Implements new operational models and structures to reduce cost, improve quality, and enhance services to patients and visitors.
- Business planning, financial analysis, excellent communication, problem-solving, implementation, measurement & monitoring of performance.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Oriented towards quality and process improvement in effecting change.
- Education: Master’s degree required (MBA, MHA, MPH or similar degree)
- Experience (Type & Length): Progressive experience in hospital operations. Staffing office or clinical background preferred (RN, ancillary service lines).
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office suite, with a focus on advanced Excel skills. Budgeting software (Budget Advisor, Axiom) experience preferred. SQL, Tableau, Qlik experience a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23634