Director, Operations Controller
Devise and manage new and or modified accounting policies and processes to provide complete, accurate and timely interim and annual financial statements for Steward Hospital Corporations. Supervise/Manage activities of staff assigned to hospital general ledger maintenance, transaction process/review and account reconciliation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures all hospital data feeding into the general ledger system is properly recorded per GAAP & FAS rules and regulations as directed by the Asst. Controller and CAO.
- Represent Accounting department on department initiatives and aid in the implementation of financial system upgrades or enhancements.
- Document processes for any software and feeder modules booking into the general ledger, for review by the Asst. Controller.
- Coordinate and review department processes to ensure accounting policies are implemented
- Ensure that accounting controls are in place and monitored on a monthly basis. Recommend modifications as needed.
- Collaborate with site fiscal staff as well as other hospital management and other support departments on special projects as assigned.
- Provides support for annual audit
- Supports Asst Controller with projects and recommendations as needed.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEBachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting. Advance degree or CPA desired. Ten years of progressive healthcare or related accounting experience required. Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize, define and resolve problems. Ability to manage multiple tasks. Experience with Meditech is essential.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13530