Director, Marketing and Communications
About Steward Health Care Systems
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will oversee marketing and communications, including advertising and media for national operations. Communicating with corporate marketing to ensure branding standards are followed and duplication of efforts is eliminated, this high energy individual will develop, implement and measure the impact of marketing and communication programs for Steward (corporate).
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the Steward brand on a national basis; broaden awareness of our programs and priorities and increase the visibility of our programs and executive leadership across key audiences
- Develop integrated marketing communications plans to highlight, create awareness of and drive revenue to targeted service lines on a regional basis to achieve planned patient flow and referral goals
- Work with the corporate marketing team as needed to coordinate messaging efforts and press relations across all regions
- Provide expert guidance on strategy to maximize the effectiveness of communication vehicles designed to achieve Steward goals and maximize positive visibility in each market
- Develop marketing, promotion and web content specific to Steward and the services offered as well as specific physicians and hospital groups
- Work with the corporate advertising agency to implement campaigns and media plans to drive volume and enhance hospital awareness
- Conduct market research to understand patient responses and marketing effectiveness
- Track and analyze usage to measure effectiveness of marketing vehicles, prepare impact reports and provide recommendations for maximization and enhancement of media and promotions
- Coordinate participation in and lead local activities and events in the region as needed
- Ensure all public relations, advertising and regional materials are converted to optimize brand-positive content.
- Manage electronic data update, storage, security, retrieval and related for public relations contacts, placement and similar areas and ensure that they are in sync with social media.
- Performs other duties and projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
- At least 10 years' experience in marketing in the health care
- Successful track record of leading the development and execution of strategic marketing communications plans and programs for consequential brands. Must have experience in the healthcare arena
- Demonstrated success in developing strategic multi-faceted marketing communications plans and converting them into tactical programs, specific experience with progressive use of digital and web-related communication
- Experience in launching and tracking advertising campaigns; able to utilize analysis and translate anecdotal and research data into recommendations and plans
- Knowledge of health care marketing best practices, expertise in overall marketing and communication vehicles
- Effective leader who is adept at managing change, and who can inspire those inside and outside their direct sphere of control, ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholder audiences, ultimately leading and driving the coordination and integration of communication activities
- Exceptional ability to build relationships with people from diverse areas of the business and external "key influencers"
- Effective driving initiatives and getting programs off the group in a complex fast paced organization
- Self-starter with team orientation, entrepreneurial skill set able to identify and initiate programs quickly
- Experience with social media in the health care arena is preferred
Steward Health Care offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs:
- Medical through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off
- 401k with company match after one year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flex spending
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 48425