Director, Laboratory Strategic Sourcing
Under the direction of the VP Supply Chain, leads Laboratory specific , multi-year, system-wide strategic sourcing/consolidation initiatives designed to increase the quality of supply chain services provided to the system while reducing total cost of goods and services.. Identifies contract opportunities, utilization/compliance improvements, spend impact, and standardization opportunities through data mining, enterprise teams, and requests from facilities and contract analysts. Generates and monitors forecast of expiring contracts and ensures assigned contract analysts are proactively planning and completing renewals/conversions. Responsible for bidding and negotiating contracts for assigned area with oversight from VP Supply Chain. Serves a the subject matter expert for value analysis committees meetings. Manages relationships with vendors. Other duties as assigned by VP Supply Chain.
• Develops, implements and monitors an annual comprehensive laboratory specific business plan focused on standardization of equipment, consolidation of laboratory services where appropriate and utilization programs that are patient focused.
• Tracks off-contract purchases where appropriate with feedback to support additional contracting efforts.
• Inputs data into and maintains contract management system for Laboratory services. Uploads contract related documents including but not limited to fully executed contracts, price files, spend impact analysis, etc documents into contract management system and spend analytic systems.
• Maintains standardized laboratory specific policies, procedures and benchmarks corporately where indicated.
• Interfaces with GPO staff to evaluate GPO offerings and integrates them into portfolio as warranted.
• Audits and monitors current vendor performance as well as the contract or programs overall effectiveness.
• Audits contracts to ensure compliance. Takes corrective action as necessary.
• Works with Value Analysis director and teams to standardize product offerings.
• Reviews contracts for legal/business terms, facilitates through legal, and follows signature authority rules.
• Coordinates with logistics and local material managers to ensure timely order and fulfillment of necessary supplies.
Expense Management Projects:
• Identifies opportunities for standardization and cost reduction via analyzing purchase history, industry benchmarks, contract compliance data and utilization information
• In conjunction with Value Analysis, interviews users, physicians and peers to identify possible standardizations and cost reduction opportunities. Benchmarks practices and utilization against others to identify improvement opportunities.
• Measures and tracks the financial results of standardization and cost-reduction efforts.
• Knowledgeable about products, equipment and services used in the laboratory : what is available, what is needed, how they are used, who uses them and why they are used.
• Conducts periodic business reviews with major vendors. Identifies and implements strategic alliances when advantageous per business plan and direction of VP Supply Chain.
• Resolves vendor representative issues as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by VP Supply Chain including but not limited to large contracting, purchasing, IT, and change management projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines.
• Extremely strong leadership, motivational, organizational, project management, communication, analytical, Excel and customer services skills.
• Outgoing and upbeat attitude that embraces process improvement and change management activities.
• Ability to drive large projects and assignments to completion with minimal supervision
• BS/BA degree in Laboratory, Business or Hospital Administration,. MBA a plus.
• 8-10 years of relevant job experience required in a Laboratory management role.
• Substantial experience in a healthcare setting and with a contracts management and purchasing systems required.
• At least one of the following: 300+ bed hospital, Laboratory management, Reference Laboratory. Laboratory vendor experience is a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3856