Manager, HIM Innov, Standardiz & Training
The Health Information Management (HIM) Innovation, Standardization, & Training Manager for all three divisions shall be responsible for several key shared service operations. These functions include HIM innovation, process standardization, process improvement, end user training, and Help Desk.
- Direct management of HIM Clinical Document (Paper Forms) and Master Patient Index data integrity functions.
- Assists the HIM Operations Manager with proper hospital forms management processes.
- Intakes all new HIM technology requests similar to a project management office.
- Ensure electronic patient care forms and electronic admission packets are documented through Form Fast technology.
- Responsible for all HIM innovation and technology adoption standards. Includes Cerner and Meditech.
- Oversight over all HIM policies and procedures. Also known as Record of Care policies.
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly duplicate medical record merge productivity standards.
- Responsible for all HIM standardization efforts. Includes identification and promotion of electronic document feeds to medical record.
- Establish key performance metrics for HIM MPI coordinator that includes identification and action to resolve root process issues causing high medical record number duplication.
- Oversight over all HIM Help Desk tickets across all three divisions.
- Weekly status report of all HIM Help Desk tickets.
- Direct management over 3M and Iodine System Administration. Includes testing and maintenance over all environments.
- Responsible for all Non-Coding HIM professional education including new employee onboarding.
- Maintain open communication with hospital leadership team. Compliant to HIPAA guidelines.
- Promote a culture of collaboration between hospital leadership and shared service professionals.
- Coordinate workflow improvements with HIM Operations, Shared Service, and Coding Management.
- Present monthly status and goal report to Executive Director, Health Information Management.
- Maintain Discharged, but Not Final Billed goals set by Executive Director, Health Information Management.
- Ensure SHC policies related to HIM, Revenue Cycle, and Compliance are implemented and monitored.
- Implement HIM related projects at the direction of the Executive Director, Health Information Management.
- Support hospital-based departments such as Quality, Risk Management, and Case Management with respect to HIM related data capture or workflow enhancements.
- Assist HIM Manager of Standardization with data collection necessary to improve day to day workflow and cost reduction.
- Ensure HIM regulatory compliance with TJC and DNV.
- Work with other SHC senior leaders as needed.
- Assists HIM Leadership team with development and implementation of health information management policies.
- Supports and facilitates clinical, administrative, and external data use functions.
- Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect health information management.
- Participate in hospital site visits at the request of Executive Director, Health Information Management.
- Responsive to senior management during off hours and/or weekends.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of information systems and project management required
- Cerner and Meditech experience required
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience 10 years’ progressive HIM Management experience within an Acute Care Hospital setting. Extensive experience with Revenue Cycle operations including acute care coding.
- Software/Hardware: Cerner and Meditech experience required.
- Travel: Expected travel is up to 50%.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7376