Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Director, FP&A, is responsible for direct oversight of the SMG FP&A team, which includes the monthly close activities, monthly and annual financial reporting to senior leadership and internal stakeholders, annual budget and forecast, team development and management, and ad-hoc reporting. In addition, the Director of FP&A, will be responsible for developing and improving processes, and building cross-functional relationships.
- Lead the budget and resource planning process for all SMG markets (currently over 1,700 providers in 11 states); including, but not limited to, the annual planning cycle, periodic forecasting, and scenario analysis, in conjunction with ad-hoc analytics and initiatives for the various business segments.
- Liaise with Operations and Finance to obtain detailed understanding of the annual budget, monthly reporting information and forecast, and identify strategic opportunities and/or risks.
- Oversee the preparation of financial presentations and narratives for monthly operating reviews, board of director meetings, annual budget presentations, and strategic operating plans.
- Develop and continuously improve reporting and tracking mechanisms, and tools and processes to support effective, and accurate financial planning across the company. Help establish best in class policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Finance and other business partners to ensure prompt and timely financial reporting to senior management.
- Provide high quality and timely analytical support for projects, strategic initiatives, business development proposals, and other ad-hoc requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the SMG FP&A team (3 managers, 10 analysts); including, but not limited to, organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
- Communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding and success in achieving them. Motivate and inspire employees to do their best through coaching. Maintain morale and support employee activities.
- Ability to support cross-functional cooperation and build strong working relationships between finance, operations and corporate.
- Uphold the company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong financial and business modeling skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, and business acumen.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Employee mentoring and career development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; relationship building skills.
- Must be able to work well in team-focused environment and communicate well with executive leadership.
- Excellent project and time management abilities.
- Prior experience working with a general ledger.
- Ability to work under pressure within short time constraints and in a complex high growth organization.
- Ability to pivot and successfully adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial reporting and budgeting systems; Axiom experience is a plus; experience with BI tools preferred. Advanced modeling skills required.
- 10+ years of work experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Healthcare Management, and/or Strategic Planning required with progressively increasing responsibility and scope.
- 5+ years of experience directly leading employees.
- Previous Healthcare / Physician Group experience highly preferred, but not required.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.