The Dietitian works as part of the multidisciplinary care team, the dietitian provides nutrition and exercise education and care to the diabetic or obese patients. The primary responsibility of the Dietitian is providing patients (individually or group classes) education to achieve and maintain optimal weight loss and health. This part-time position is 24 hours a week, the schedule can be made to fit your needs. Position rotates between clinics located on the Jordan Valley Medical Center campus.
- Plans, evaluates and provides individual patient consultations and group education for diabetes and weight loss, including nutrition and/or exercise consultation with family members, staff, and physicians
- Documents consultations and education and discusses concerns and plan with provider
- Presents group education classes on the benefits of exercise and diet
- Completes nutritional and exercise counseling appointments in clinic or by phone
- Attends and teaches support group as requested by support group leader
- Demonstrates competency in the knowledge of the delivery of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors
- Continually applies research-based recommendations to practice, evaluates practice for possible improvements, and suggests improvements in nutrition and other areas of program development and management
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition
- Current Certified Dietitian license in the state of Utah
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
- One or more years of experience as a Registered Dietitian in an endocrinology setting or in weight management
- Experience in exercise therapy
- One or more years’ experience using electronic medical records (EMR)
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.