Under direction of the Manager Client Infrastructure Design, the Desktop Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing standard configurations and software images for the Steward Health Care System desktop and end user computing environment. The Desktop Engineer will develop, manage and implement new hardware configurations and maintain the existing desktop images in a large dynamic enterprise with more than 35,000 desktops and laptops. The Desktop Engineer will also configure, deploy & maintain software installation packages. Install and maintain new computer hardware including in the lab/testbed environment. The Desktop Engineer will also configure & maintain the SCCM & 1E Windows Servicing Suite environments. Multitasking, critical as well as creative thinking, and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment are essential skills for this role.
- Education: 4-year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 3 years’ experience in a customer service focused environments.
- MCSE Preferred
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), OS Deployment Pack (MDT Preferred), Patch Management and WSUS – 1E Windows Suite experience required
- Expert level administration and troubleshooting of Windows OS’s including Server OS
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory security and Group Policy Objects
- Networking fundamentals
- Understanding of the ITSM - ITIL Certification preferred
- Windows Performance Monitor and Microsoft Network Monitor
- PowerShell scripting – PowerShell App Deploy Toolkit experience required
Occasional Travel is required to Steward Health Care Hospital facilities