Denial Prevention Analyst I
Posted Date: 12/16/2019
- Knowledge of health insurance and reimbursement/billing required.
- Ability to comprehend payor responses (EDI), e.g. 271/272 transactions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Analytical skills, e.g. competent math skills (see below)
- Basic knowledge of healthcare finance.
- Conflict resolution
- Promotes quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Competent utilizing Microsoft office, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (see below).
- Familiarity and experience with Revenue cycle software, tools, and technologies.
- Medical Terminology and working knowledge of Coding knowledge required.
- Time management and flexibility to meet work schedule demands.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills (escalation process).
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to work with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability and/or expressed willingness to work as part of a team.
- Privacy, Safety and Security- the individual observes privacy, safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) with emphasis in Business Administration and/or Healthcare, preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in dynamic healthcare (clinic, physician, or hospital setting) or payor environment
- Experience with patient collections, registration and/or scheduling.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) a plus.
- Comfort with data entry within Revenue Cycle software, patient management systems and Windows based applications preferred.
- Competent utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) is a plus.
- Basic understanding of Revenue Cycle functions, flow, and operations strongly preferred.
- Competent in core math skills required (determined by obtaining satisfactory score on competency exam).
- Experience level will also be a factor in lieu of educational requirements.