Data Center Technical Manager
The role of the Data Center Manager is to oversee the support and management the physical data center infrastructure for our enterprise. This will include data center growth and capacity planning, disaster recovery analysis and planning, infrastructure component maintenance and lifecycle replacement, and event management.
The Data Center Manager will need to have strong knowledge of physical facility infrastructure and how it relates to networking, servers/storage, and other data center computing components.
The Data Center Manager will work with the architecture teams, datacenter staff, support organizations within Information Services, and external entities like Corporate Real Estate and Facilities and our Datacenter Colocation vendors to ensure uptime, optimize services, and address unplanned issues as they occur.
• Supports and maintains Data Center Electricity, UPS, and Switched Power Systems, and assists corporate facilities with the HVAC, generator and Fire Suppression Systems
• Implement Data Center Infrastructure Projects including data center consolidations, equipment replacement, service expansion efforts, etc.
• Responsible for capacity planning including environmental management reporting and recommending solutions based on anticipation of business growth in conjunction with the Senior Datacenter Architect
• Manage Technical Infrastructure Monitoring
• Develop, manage and enforce Data Center standards including component racking, cabling, and changes in conjunction with Change Management Process best practices
• Manage asset inventory and component lifecycle in Data Center
• Manage and maintain Support Contracts for Data Center; Negotiate Contracts with Vendors
• Administer and review data center security access according to best practice protocols
• Together with the Senior Datacenter Architect, assess, plan and manage activities for consolidation of data center services back to core sites
• Assist the Senior Datacenter Architect in development of the data center strategy for disaster recovery and business continuity
• Develop crisis event response procedures and delegations so to ensure that proper decisions as to how to handle situations in response to events, alarms, etc. are taken and the proper level of communication is organized between IS and our business unit partners.
• Serve as the data center primary point of contact during a disaster or other IT infrastructure-related crises
• Manage the Datacenter support staff
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, and EDUCATION:
Professional Experience and Skills:
• Expertise and experience working with Data Center Operations to include HVAC, Electricity, Generators, UPS, Fire Suppression.
• Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalent experience plus 5 years of progressive technical IT experience, including 3+ years in IT operations management.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a rapidly growing and changing environment is crucial with the ability to multi-task
• Deadline oriented, team oriented.
• Working Knowledge of Change Control processes and enforcement
• Experience creating, tracking and updating requests using problem tracking ticketing system
• Good understanding of healthcare industry standards, solutions and market trends
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11141