This role will be working across different application delivery teams providing data architecture and design services. Will provide thought technical leadership, vision, proven design patterns and practical implementation for automated, data-driven healthcare solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services. The scope of automated solutions may include data integration, data transformation, data warehouse, data mart, data quality management, workflow, machine learning, cognitive services, and other emerging cloud-based data services and technologies.
- Ensure utilizing new technologies is prudent when evaluated against budget and completion timeframes;
- Ensure security of the data structure and database by working closely with the Steward Office of Information Security;
- Work with key business stakeholders to understand their business issues and formulate technology solution and architecture propositions;
- Define data architecture and elaborate on business and technical benefits and return of investment
- Provide hands-on application database design and development expertise to build the prototype of proposed solution or architecture
- Lead, plan and design the overall data architecture vision of cloud-based intelligent technology solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure and its data services
- Demonstrated ability to describe the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of intelligent cloud solutions to project stakeholders.
- Ability to work within project constraints (technology, risk, scope, cost, quality, time, resources) in developing solutions.
- Maintain active communication with key stakeholders to manage expectations, ensure client satisfaction, ensure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid background in computer science and mathematics;
- Solid programming skills on C#, T-SQL and other Microsoft script languages
- In-depth knowledge and experiences on Microsoft SQL server and design patterns for large and complex application database, data warehouse and data marts
- Minimum of seven years of development/architect Microsoft Azure ecosystems.
- Experience with DevOps and Agile engineering practices.
- In-depth knowledge and work experience with Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices, functions, event/messaging processing architecture or other Cloud Native architectures.
- Experience deploying and operating systems into a production Cloud Native Environment.
- Experience on enterprise data quality management, able to build a technical framework to control the data quality at different tiers (e.g. source tier, stage tier, EDW tier etc.)
- Microsoft MCSA/MCSE is preferred
- Knowledge with Healthcare Systems and Healthcare Information Exchange protocols like HL7 and FHIR is a big plus
- Education: BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related 4+-year technical degree
- Experience (Type & Length): 10+years of experience in database design and implementation; 5+ years of Microsoft data architecture experience.
- Software/Hardware: See Required Knowledge/Skills.