Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic, professional Full Time CT Technologist to operate CT Imaging equipment to acquire images for use by physicians in diagnosis and treatment of pathologies. The successful candidate will:
- Operate CT Imaging equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information; ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning; selects proper imaging techniques and follows department protocols in order to provide a complete study for the exam requested; documents exam and provides the Radiologist with images of diagnostic quality for interpretation.
- Utilize knowledge of illnesses related to the patient population and the various types of care being provided to them in order to obtain the appropriate images for the interpreting Radiologist.
- Explain the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Prepare and administer contrast media/medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner following state statutes and department policy
- Performs venipuncture with knowledge of appropriate needle gauge for specific exams in relation to injector rates and the safe use of the CT power injector.
- Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement projects as well as utilizing appropriate cost containment measures.
- Use independent judgment and initiative under pressure in a variety of situations when performing patient procedures
- Utilize aseptic sterile technique as necessary for any invasive procedures; maintain all supplies needed for these procedures in a clean and organized manner
- May be called upon to oversee and instruct various personnel and students as assigned and deemed necessary by the Imaging Supervisor.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography)
- ARRT Certification (CT)
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography)
- CPR Certification
Schedule will include rotation for weekend and holiday coverage; department operates 8 AM to 8 PM Monday through Saturday, exact schedule to be determined with successful candidate. Differentials paid for evening hours and weekends.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient South coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.