Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 4/9/2021
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates CT Imaging equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information. In doing so, ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning. Selects proper imaging techniques and follows department protocols in order to provide a complete study for the exam requested. Provides complete documentation of the exam and provides the Radiologist with images of diagnostic quality for interpretation.
- Knowledgeable about illnesses related to the patient population and the various types of care being provided to them in order to provide the appropriate images for the interpreting Radiologist.
- Explains the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Prepares and administers contrast media/medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner following state statutes and department policy. Does so only after demonstrating an understanding of all precautions/contraindications and possible adverse affect associated with contrast administration.
- Capable of performing venipuncture with knowledge of appropriate needle gauge for specific exams in relation to injector rates and the safe use of the CT power injector.
- Maintains a clean work area, prepares the equipment, patient room, and stocks supplies. In a timely fashion informs appropriate personnel when orders need to be placed.
- Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement projects as well as utilizing appropriate cost containment measures.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
- Use independent judgment and initiative under pressure in a variety of situations when performing patient procedures
- Utilizes aseptic sterile technique as necessary for any invasive procedures. Able to assist the Radiologist or Physician during any such procedures. Maintains all supplies needed for these procedures in a clean and organized manner.
- To maintain effective working relations and communication with departmental and other Hawthorn Medical personnel as well as various community interactions as appropriate to the position.
- Be knowledgeable in the operation of all equipment used during the work day, including imaging equipment, film processors, CT power injector and systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports. Notify appropriate personnel of equipment malfunctions and repairs as needed.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam.
- Remain current on developments and trends in imaging techniques, procedures, and equipment by reading manuals and technical journals. Participate in educational programs, maintain CEU’s that meet State and National guidelines. Attend staff meetings and in service education programs.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography)
- ARRT Certification (CT)
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography)
- CPR Certification