Credentialing Assistant - 7:00am-4:00pm
Phys Office Risk Management
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of the Credentialing Verification Office, with daily activities supervised by the Credentialing Manager, the Credentialing Assistant supports the Credentialing department by maintaining various reports/spreadsheets and conducting follow up on the status of provider credentialing applications. The position works in a cooperative team environment to provide value to customers (internal or external).
· Prepares and maintains credentialing documents for appropriate recipients.
· Coordinates departmental activities that support an effective and efficient credentialing operation. Responsible for the storing, formatting and integrity of this information in the hospital's database, preparation of status reports, workflow and documentation issues, and compliance with policies and procedures.
· Establishes and maintains an effective workflow (including follow-through) for a myriad of Credentialing Staff activities; assures the integrity of the organizational system.
· Supports the Credentialing team by conducting follow up on the status of provider credentialing applications.
· In collaboration with the Credentialing team, monitors and handles communication to credentialing coordinators, management or internal departments regarding credentialing information. Data enters appropriate information in the organizational system.
· Enters/updates and maintains data on individual medical and professional staff members within the organizational system. Trouble-shoots database issues related to Steward's integrated systems.
· Manage notifications of completed provider applications via online application portal.
· Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
· Strong organizational, problem solving, and prioritization skills as demonstrated by the successful and timely completion of assignments.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of personnel
· Keen attention to detail
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative and matrix environment
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Skype and other software used in daily work
· Knowledge and understanding of NCQA and TJC standards, NPDB guidelines, hospital policies and procedures, and general licensing regulations.
· Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent education & experience
· Experience: One year of work experience in a hospital or health care environment and general knowledge of the health care industry including hospital settings, physician practices, and managed care organizations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100021408