Corporate Director, HIM - 8:00am-4:30pm
Revenue Operations Management
The Corporate Director of HIM will provide support and guidance pertinent to hospital HIM (Health Information Management) throughout the company. The position will assure effective communication with other Hospital Support departments to align department, as well as company goals and initiatives. The Corporate Director of HIM will assist all hospitals in the hospital system to facilitate improvement in the quality, accuracy and completeness of documentation. The Corporate Director of HIM will report to the Vice President of Revenue Cycle Operations.
* Oversee and direct the department's ICD-10 processes that impact the hospital system's enterprise and HIM operations.
* Maintain the HIM model for all of the hospitals within the hospital system.
* Employ coding and clinical expertise to identify and target opportunities for measuring and reporting company, hospital, group, and physician outcomes.
* Maintain the EHR (Electronic Health Records) in regards to the impacts on the HIM workforce, processes, etc.
* Lead proactive reviews related to HIM Operations.
* Generate and direct an HIM Director Enterprise group to develop and revise necessary operational tools, processes, and policies.
* Develop and verify the HIM organizational structures to meet the hospital system's operational support needs.
* Supply HIM Revenue Cycle Support by assessing staffing, productivity, A/R challenges, and denials process.
* Produce, maintain, and assist with the implementation of HIM and coding policies and process standardization.
* Ensure compliance with query process and providing coding operations support, such as productivity, staffing, and workflow.
* Collaborate mainly with hospital CFOs, CNOs, HIM Directors, CDI Directors, Clinical Documentation Specialists (CDS), Revenue Cycle and Clinical Operations managers, and Group Leadership and Compliance departments.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Corporate HIM experience is highly preferred.
* Willingness to travel: Approximately 30%
Education: Degree in HIM is required.
Experience: Must possess a minimum of 7 - 10 years of HIM Director experience.
Certification: RHIA, RHIT is required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100022416