Compliance & Privacy Data Analyst I - 8:30am-5:00pm
* The Compliance and Privacy Data Analyst I is part of a team in the OCCP with duties and responsibilities related to central compliance and privacy program operations for Steward Health Care System (Steward) related to: policies & procedures, training, communications, issue tracking, exclusion checks, and other assigned duties (e.g., program records management).
* This position reports to the System Compliance & Privacy Program Operations Manager for Steward. The Compliance and Privacy Data Analyst I needs to be a person of high integrity, and any other duties assigned should not be in conflict with Steward's compliance and privacy program goals and objectives. This position will be based in the OCCP's Central Office in Westwood, MA and may require some travel to the other Steward locations.
* This position is responsible for assisting compliance and privacy program efforts system-wide. Furthermore, this position will be responsible for adapting the capability of the OCCP Operations Team to meet an evolving landscape of regulatory compliance and privacy requirements.
* The Compliance and Privacy Data Analyst I is part of a team that is responsible for driving compliance and privacy program "operational excellence" (i.e., standardization, scalability, effectiveness and efficiency) system-wide.
* Maintains current knowledge of applicable health care compliance and privacy requirements and Steward's compliance and privacy policies and procedures.
* Works collaboratively with OCCP team members and other functions (e.g., Internal Audit, Human Resources, Revenue Cycle, Information Technology, etc.) in connection with principal areas of responsibility to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
* Provides assistance to OCCP Directors as assigned.
* Under the direction of the System Compliance & Privacy Program Operations Manager, maintains the following: ComplyTrack Activity and Event Manager..
* Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures to help identify and address key risk areas including drafting new compliance and privacy policies or updates in a clearly written style.
* Assists with development and statistical reporting of training programs (live and web-based) which help to ensure compliance with requirements of Steward's Code of Conduct and the Compliance & Privacy Program including providing statistical summary of educational courses as well as drafting training program content or updates and, providing educational presentations, as needed.
* Assists with compliance communications which help to educate workforce members about key compliance principles and initiatives. Assists with promoting Steward's Compliance & Privacy Program through a variety of media (e.g., email, intranet site, newsletters, Compliance Week activities, etc.). Prepares draft written communications as assigned.
* Works with Director-Compliance & Privacy Officers to ensure that reports and questions received through various means are captured, tracked, addressed and reported on appropriately.
* Assists with performing exclusion checks consistent with OIG Guidance for screening workforce members as applicable OIG's List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) on the HHS-OIG's Web site as well as the U.S. System for Award Managment (SAM) Excluded Parties List System and any other exclusion lists as defined by Steward policy. Assists with ensuring that screening exceptions are appropriately addressed in a timely manner.
* Assists with annual and ongoing conflict of interest disclosure processes including data gathering, deployment, tracking and statistics
* Assists with monitoring and reporting on entity-level compliance and privacy program metrics regarding effectiveness and efficiency.
* Support ad hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis and insightful interpretations
* Assists with the preparation of quarterly and annual reports on the compliance and privacy program as assigned.
* Provides support and assistance to Directors in preparing for both system and entity-level Compliance Committee meetings and other compliance and privacy program related activities as assigned.
* Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the System Compliance & Privacy Program Operations Manager informed of work plan status and issues, for assigned areas of responsibility, on a timely basis.
* Under the direction of the System Compliance & Privacy Program Operations Manager, assists with integration activities for newly acquired entities as assigned.
* Participates in health care compliance and privacy professional organizations to stay abreast of privacy and corporate compliance developments and leading industry practices.
* Cooperates with the regulators (e.g., CMS, OIG, OCR, State Attorney General, etc) and other parties, as appropriate, in any privacy or compliance audits and/or investigations.
* Actively participates in periodic OCCP team meetings in order to ensure effective communication.
* As requested, actively participates in Steward system-wide initiative committees or work groups.
* Maintains time and effort reporting records as requested.
* Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Knowledge and experience with general health care compliance preferred.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills and the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills a must.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills
* Ability to prioritize and plan work independently.
* Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
* Effectively work with and coordinate the activities of multiple departments.
* Ability to anticipate potential issues and proactively respond.
* Good judgment and problem solving skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* A bachelor's degree preferred
* Experience in a health care preferred
* Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) desired, or willingness to obtain within 1-2 years of hire.
* Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and PowerPoint Skills Required.
* Microsoft Access Skills preferred.
* Ability to use other compliance software applications.
* Prior experience with ComplyTrack software a plus.
* The ability to travel regionally and nationally
* Must have a valid driver's license, provide own transportation, and be able to travel to Steward locations using a variety of modes of transportation
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100024371