Reporting to the Director of Compensation and Benefits, the Senior Compensation Analyst is responsible for the day to day administration of compensation programs, ensuring internal wage equity, external market competitiveness and compliance with applicable wage and hour regulations and policies throughout the Steward Health Care System.
• Continuously enhances Compensation's profile and reputation across the system by: modeling Steward Healthcare's Mission and Values; providing superior customer service to internal and external customers; meeting or exceeding performance standards as outlined by Compensation and Human Resources management at Steward Healthcare; acting as a role model for professional conduct; seeking out ways to improve programs, processes and service delivery to all constituents.
• Research and analyze compensation practices in the health care labor market. Collaborate with entity HR Directors and other management to ensure that Steward's compensation programs and practices are competitive, current, applicable and flexible.
• Perform job analysis and benchmarking to the market data. Produce pay recommendations related to job offers, promotions, transfer and other compensation actions.
• Assist and collaborate in the planning, coordination, facilitation, administration and reporting of salary review programs
• Review and maintain job descriptions and job families, assign and maintain job code tables, determine exemption status under FLSA guidelines
• Participate in third party compensation surveys
• From time to time provide basic compensation training for HR staff and operating managers. Recommend compensation tools to assist in meeting business needs
• Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• At least 5-7 years of experience with compensation administration/analysis including knowledge of standard compensation principles and skill in analyzing and evaluating job content and writing accurate job descriptions
• Knowledge of FLSA regulations and basic federal and state employment laws
• Functional understanding of base pay, range/grade/step structures and current labor markets
• Strong quantitative analysis skills including experience preparing, documenting and presenting narrative reports and statistical analyses
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be a team player with a collaborative approach, able to interact with various levels of management; must demonstrate tact, diplomacy and discretion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Manages-up effectively
• Solid judgment and problem solving skills
I. Education: Bachelors Degree
II. Experience: 5-7 years direct compensation experience
III. Certification/Licensure: none required, CCP preferred
IV. Software/Hardware: Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and database skills including the development of complex spreadsheets and presentations
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7372