Compensation Advisor - 8:30AM-5:00PM
HR Shared Services Comp & Benefit
Bachelor's degree is required.
The Compensation Advisor is responsible for the day to day administration of compensation programs, ensuring internal wage equity, external market competitiveness and compliance with applicable wage and hour regulations and policies throughout the Steward Health Care System.
* Research and analyze compensation practices in the health care labor market. Collaborate with entity HR Directors and other management to ensure that Steward's compensation programs and practices are competitive, current, applicable, and flexible.
* Perform job analysis and benchmarking to the market data.
* Produce pay recommendations related to job offers, promotions, transferm and other compensation actions.
* Assist and collaborate in the planning, coordination, facilitation, administration and reporting of salary review programs.
* Review and maintain job descriptions and job families, assign and maintain job code tables, and determine exemption status under FLSA guidelines.
* Participate in third-party compensation surveys.
* From time to time, provide basic compensation training for HR staff and operating managers.
* Recommend compensation tools to assist in meeting business needs
* Demonstrate respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
* Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
* Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Knowledge of standard compensation principles and skill in analyzing and evaluating job content and writing accurate job descriptionsKnowledge of FLSA regulations and basic federal and state employment laws.
* Functional understanding of base pay, range/grade/step structures, and current labor markets.
* Strong quantitative analysis skills including experience preparing, documenting and presenting narrative reports, and statistical analyses.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must be a team player with a collaborative approach, able to interact with various levels of management; must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Manages-up effectively.
* Solid judgment and problem solving skills.
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: At least 5-7 years of experience with compensation administration/analysis
License/Certification: CCP preferred.
Software/Hardware: Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and database skills including the development of complex spreadsheets and presentations.
Other: Knowledge and facility with internal systems involving compensation typically learned "on the job".
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100023051