Community Health Enrollment Specialist - 8:00am-4:30pm
Fiscal Clinical Integration
Provide outreach and health insurance enrollment support and community based services for underserved and difficult to reach individuals.
· Conduct intake interviews with clients.
· Work with hospital team staff to identify difficult to reach clients and provide strategies for reaching them.
· Make follow-up phone calls and home visits or visits to other appropriate settings (community based-organizations) to explain and enroll individuals in appropriate services such as health insurance.
· Schedule appointments for clients and ensure the attendance at appointments.
· Assist clients in addressing barriers to care such as transportation, language, family care.
· Follow-up with clients by letter, phone call, or home visit on missed appointments or referral.
· Establish relationships with clients and provide general support and encouragement for clients.
· Provide general support for hospital team staff.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Limited supervision with alternating periods of autonomy and general review. Supervisor plays substantial role in setting objectives and organizing work.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: No supervisory responsibility required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Written and oral fluency in English
· Written and oral fluency in other languages spoken in the assigned geographic region (particularly Spanish and Portuguese).
· Basic computer skills.
· Experience working with community groups and members in any of the following areas: Allston/Brighton or Brockton
· Experience performing interviewing and confidential data collection techniques, and record keeping.
· Experience in collecting information from clients and completing standard forms (experience with MassHealth enrollment a plus) and preparing required reports.
· Ability and willingness to provide emotional support, encouragement and motivation to clients to fully participate in service programs
· Ability and willingness to recognize clients with severe problems and refer them to the appropriate professionals and resources.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED.
Minimum Experience: Six (6) months experience working in a Community Health Enrollment Specialist role or in another position with the provision of social services, supportive services, personal care, or related duties. Past participation in CHW trainings preferred but not required.
Minimum skills/abilities: Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills in a customer-service based health care setting.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100022969