Coding Trainer - Revenue Cycle Management
Revenue Cycle Management
The Coding Trainer will be the lead mentor/trainer for the joint Steward/1199SEIU program. Their primary responsibility will be to provide instruction and support to the program participants with the goal of making them proficient in hospital based coding over the course of 12 months. The coding areas include:
Ancillary, Clinics, Outpatient surgery, Emergency room, and Inpatient charts
I. Ancillary and Clinic coding- approximately 1 month training
a. Ancillary coding to include radiology and lab diagnostic coding and medical necessity
b. Clinic coding to include Pain, Wound, Physical/Occupational therapy diagnostic coding
II. Outpatient Surgery coding-approximately 3 months training
Includes diagnostic ICD-10 coding, CPT-4 coding, modifier appendment, APC assignment, CCI edit review, medical necessity
III. Emergency Room Coding-approximately 3 months training
Includes Leveling selection, infusion and injection assignment, charge entry processes, diagnostic ICD-10 coding, CPT-4 coding, modifier appendment, CCI edit review, medical necessity
IV. Inpatient coding-approximately 5 months of training
Includes ICD-10 diagnosis and procedural coding, DRG assignment, query processes on medical and surgical cases.
Competencies: Testing after each section to ensure understanding and retention of education received.
· Minimum certification of CCS Certified Coding Specialist ( AHIMA)
· Experience is MediTech and XClaim, preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
· Strong interpersonal/public relations skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse environment.
· Ability to establish priorities effectively.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 52368