Remote Medical Coder: Responsible for ensuring accuracy as well as verifying completed and precise medical record(s) for the interpretation of clinical documentation completed by the medical staff to correctly assign appropriate ICD10, CPT and/or HCPCS codes for professional coding. Coders for Steward Medical Group are part of a national team, with each Coder assigned to a specific geographic area, specialty and/or provider as per the needs of the company.
• Demonstrated coding (ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS) expertise. Ability to pass post-interview coding test.
• Computer literacy of medical information systems, records management software, encoders.
• Good computing knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written.
• Understanding of third party reimbursement rules and regulations. Medical Billing experience required.
Current medical coding certification CPC, CCS-P, RHIA or other nationally recognized coding credential.
2+ years of work experience as a medical coder. Professional Physician (ProFee) coding experience, preferred.