Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Certified Professional Coder with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Accurately interpret and bill the Physicians charges for all contracted Insurance Carriers.
- Review and code medical records for purpose of reimbursement and researches the use of ICD-10 (diagnosis) and CPT (procedure) codes for services provided by physicians.
- Interface with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and other Managers to ensure optimal reimbursement while adhering to regulations prohibiting unbundling and other questionable practices. Review and implement coding policies and procedures, obtain clarification of conflicting ambiguous or non-specific documentation.
- Research, analyze, and respond to inquiries regarding compliance, inappropriate coding, denials, and billable services.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action that may be taken.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve all the overall objectives of this position.
- High School diploma; plus 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Current Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based); or CPC (Certified Professional Coder).
- Demonstrated coding (ICD-10 - CM and CPT) expertise.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient south coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.