Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 4/24/2023
Job Type: Full Time
Department: 1105.64037 CMGC ADULT PSYCH OFF OH
The role of the Social Worker is to assist patients and family members of patients within Steward Medical Group physician practices. The objective of the Social Worker is to identify psychosocial problems that are often overlooked or go unnoticed. The Social Worker is the bridge that connects primary and behavioral health care.
- Assist in the identification, assessment and treatment of mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety.
- Provide case management/care coordination for individuals with chronic and/or complex medical conditions.
- Provide patient navigation, especially for patients moving among different health care levels (inpatient, outpatient, home health or long term care).
- Identify and refer for specialized services, such as drug and alcohol treatment, legal services, finaicial and employment counseling and housing support.
- Provide education and support programming (diabetes education, parenting classes, domestic violence support programs) for individual and groups.
- Assistance with entitlements, medications, transportation and advance directives.
- Assessment and intervention in domestic violence and child abuse situations.
- Counseling on end-of-life issues.
- Outreach and coordination with other community resources and agencies.
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
- Develop and conduct onsite health-related wellness seminars and training courses for interested employees and family members
- Community-level advocacy on behalf of patients and families.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with individuals, family members, case managers, treating physicians and community organizations.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to engage individuals and families in helping relationships. Must be able to cope with the pressure of time limitations while respecting the needs of the individual and the requirements of the organization/department.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task.
- Possesses a strong belief in an organizational culture that encourages valuing and best service excellence practices demonstrated through personal behavior and work ethic.
- Ability to travel, valid drivers license, auto liability insurance coverage according to company policy.
- Must possess the ability to present and explain complex material to physicians and other providers.
- Education: Bachelors degree required
- Experience: Minimum 5 years experience working within a healthcare environment; experience working in a post-acute care environment strongly preferred. Previous experience as a health coach strongly preferred
- Certification/Licensure: LCSW required
- Software/Hardware: MS Office Suite
- Other: Experience with diverse populations a plus.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.