Clinical Privileging Analyst
This position is responsible for the day to day oversight of the Clinical Privileging Evaluation function and acts as an expert
resource regarding clinical aspects of the function. Ensures that evaluators and decision makers are provided with all internal
and external information required to evaluate clinical competence and that they are provided expert facilitation and support for
privileging recommendations and decision making. Also facilitates maintenance of privilege delineations to assure that they
reflect current clinical practices and industry standards. Key customers are clinical practitioners/applicants, physician leaders,
and the senior administrative management team.
Educational requirements and/or preferences (Licensure, Registration, Certification, Experience, Other):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other related clinical credential is required. Masters Degree preferred.
• Certification or eligibility for Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified
Medical Staff Coordinator (CMSC) or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred at initial hiring or
must be attained within 4 years of hire date.
• Proficiency in software applications to include use of menu driven, wordprocessing and spreadsheet applications.
Extensive experience in Microsoft Word. Ability to edit material and ensure correct punctuation, spelling and grammar.
Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to compose letters, policy statements, procedure
manuals and reports on own initiative; ability to organize complex statistical and narrative reports, charts and exhibits into
a complete document suitable for publication and distribution.
• Ability to interact effectively with Medical Staff Leadership, Senior Management, Directors, Managers, Physicians,
internal staff and representatives of public agencies and businesses inspiring confidence and credibility of process and
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and/or projects and tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic and complex environment.
Flexibility to accommodate unstructured situations and changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete
assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
• Ability to work independently and use independent judgment. Excellent customer relations skills.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17625