Clinical Nurse Practitioner
Under the supervision of a physician:
• Daily physical assessment and daily rounding on all patients.
• Consult with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment.
• Order appropriate medications as determined by the supervising physician.
• Order diagnostic tests as determined by the supervising physician.
• Initiate consultations to other services, authorized by the supervising physician.
• Evaluate and monitor quality measurements as indicated by Steward Health Care Network in accordance to the supervising physicians guidelines.
• Evaluate specific minor illness and injury of patients as defined by approved medical protocols.
• Collaborate with health care professionals in the planning, implementation and coordination of health teaching and counseling of the patient, family or patient representative. Document patient level of understanding.
• In collaboration with the Supervising Physician, the NP communicates the plan of care with all referring providers, MD of record, as well as the patient and her family.
• May also be responsible for coordination with other clinical staff, nurses, other physicians involved in the care of patients.
• The NP shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of all Steward Medical Group and patient related information.
• The NP shall abide by all Steward Medical Group policies & procedures.
• Other duties as required.
• Graduation from and accredited NP program
• Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
• Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner is required
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate clinical expertise for functioning in an independent role
• Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills for working with patients, families, and other staff
• Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals and support staff
• Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate initiative in addressing responsibilities of the position
• Ability to complete forms and other paperwork appropriately in a time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org