Clinical Nurse Practitioner
The Nurse Practitioner will work under the supervision of a Psychiatrist to care for psychiatric patients in the hospital based psychiatric services at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton. This position is per diem and will involve weekend and holiday shifts, rounding on psychiatric patients admitted to the hospital.
- Responsible for rounding on 20-25 patients admitted to the hospital
- Provide direct psychiatric consultation services to patients admitted on the medical/surgical floors of the hospital.
- Could include patients that require a psychiatric consult in the ED or medical/surgical floors.
- Provide direct psychiatric services through comprehensive evaluation including history and physical exam, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment of patients assigned to him/her in the inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner is required.
- Psychiatry experience is preferred but new graduate Advanced Practitioners will be considered
- Graduation from an accredited NP program.
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification.
- Must meet all requirements to be admitted to the Medical Staff
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.