Clinical Nurse Practitioner
To provide neurological care to patients in the medical center. The nurse practitioner (NP) assists individuals and families with their care needs by obtaining health and medical histories, performing physical examinations, and assessing health problems. The APP cares for patients with acute and chronic life limiting illnesses by managing therapeutic regimens, prescribing medications and performing other studies and activities that are deemed appropriate. New and follow-up patients will be seen and evaluated by the APP, and physician input will be obtained as necessary as described in the nurse practitioner or physician assistant practice guidelines. The APP will assume neurological care management responsibilities and will facilitate communication with the patient, the patient's family or significant other, and the referring physician. The APP will work in collaboration with the patients' attending physicians to provide continued collaboration with the patients' primary care provider(s).
- MSN degree required.
- Two to five years' NP experience in internal medicine preferred.
- Current Massachusetts Board of Registration Nurse Practitioner License.
- Current certification through either American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Current Federal DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance registrations.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.