Clinical Nurse Practitioner
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Nurse Practitioner in the department of psychiatry will work under the supervision of a Psychiatrist to provide inpatient evaluation and management services to patients needing psychiatric treatment.
- Provide direct psychiatric services including comprehensive evaluation and treatment planning and delivery to patients admitted on inpatient psychiatric units
- Consult with supervising physician daily to review patient clinical course and response to treatment
- Provide direct psychiatric consultation services to patients admitted on the medical/surgical floors of the hospital
- Optional weekend on-site coverage under the supervision of an on-site psychiatrist
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner
- Current ANCC PMHNP-BC
- Graduation from an accredited NP program
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals and support staff
- Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate initiative in addressing responsibilities of the position
- Proficiency in use of electronic health records
- Must meet all requirements to be admitted to the Medical Staff
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.