Clinical Informatics Analyst
The Analyst, Clinical Informatics (CI) will provide support with the implementation, integration, change management and ongoing support of clinical information systems at the corporate level. This individual serves as a liaison between clinicians, ancillary departments, and Corporate Information Technology (IT) to align clinical and IT standards with corporate standards and local facility department workflows, processes, and policies. The Analyst CI acts as a change agent for hospital leaders and clinicians to promote adoption of new processes and technologies and achievement and sustainment of expected benefits. This position demonstrates a clear understanding of Steward Healthcare West’s Clinical Application standards, vision and guiding principles and can articulate the big clinical picture to corporate leadership and hospital audiences.
- Assists with the coordination of EMR implementation activities including clinical content development, end user acceptance testing, and business process re-engineering, training and go-live implementation support.
- Acts as a Change Management Subject Master Expert to assist IT, Providers and Clinical Staff to vet changes, assist with approving operational/technical change requests and tests/validates the completed changes.
- Assists in the support of multiple clinical and non-clinical Solutions for Steward Health care West Division
- Participates in planning and supports:
- EMR validation and functional readiness assessment
- Business process re-engineering
- End user communication planning and go-live organization development, including revised downtime processes.
- Facilitation of effective communication with the end users and assistance with go-live readiness to ensure smooth implementation of new functional elements, applications, and major releases of EMR system.
- Identifies risks, potential impacts and mitigation strategies, obtain approval for effectuating the remediation plan.
- Communicates regularly with senior management on specific implementation strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the end-user environment and systems and proactively seeks methods of improvement.
- Obtains executive leadership, nursing leadership and management commitment, and develops organizational trust through continuous communication, meeting key milestones and demonstrating project success.
- Reviews policy and procedures related to security, downtime, and system utilization.
- Effectively manages own time and projects and demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing priorities and end-user needs.
- Contributes skill and knowledge to maintain and improve areas of responsibility and recommends informatics strategies for improvement of patient care.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a clinical role with a focus on Behavioral Health. Clinical system or Electronic Medical Record System (EMR) implementation or support experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required, Masters preferred.
- Strong conceptual skills, with demonstrated knowledge and skills in problem-solving, decision-making and critical-thinking
- Demonstrated ability to function both autonomously and collaboratively within a team
- Networks with colleagues and industry forums to leverage knowledge.
- Must be willing to travel at least 60%.
- Certification/Licensure: License in respective field must be current and in good standing.
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3311