The Clinic Director is responsible for overall operational, financial, quality and service performance in the various physician practices within the Salt Lake City market. In addition, the Clinic Director will play a leadership role in creating and executing a strategic plan and identifying and implementing business development strategies to promote growth, improve quality and system performance. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Practice Operations at Steward Medical Group. The Clinic Director is a leader providing support to the management team.
- Direct all functions of physician practice operations for the multiple physician practices in a designated Steward Physician Market.
- Complete the annual operating and capital budgets with the Executive Director, SVP, COO, VP of Finance and CFO.
- Formulate long-term strategic plans and business development programs for operational needs.
- Evaluate practice efficiency including all personnel (physicians, clinical and administrative support staff) utilizing accepted quality measures, productivity standards, skill mix comparisons, and patient satisfaction survey data.
- Participate in physician recruitment activities, and contract negotiations, as needed. Collaborate with Physicians and clinical staff, to address and respond to patient care needs and issues.
- Implement new operational models and structures to reduce costs, improve quality and enhance service to patients.
- Participate on committees assigned by the Executive Director and Senior Leadership team members.
- Provide leadership to the Operations Team, and perform other duties as required by the position.
- Works collaboratively with the local hospital leadership team on strategic initiatives.
- Partners with finance to develop business plans for new providers.
- On-boards new physicians and advanced practitioners consistent with the medical group’s policies and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated team building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents.
- Demonstrate skills in business analysis and/or financial management.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Good technical/computer skills and organizational skills
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences.
- Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment.
- Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment ability to plan and initiate new activities consistent with achieving service excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and experience, Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of leadership experience in healthcare.
- Prior experience in Physician Practice Management is required.
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.