Coordinates processing and care provided to patients examined by the Provider in the office. Assists in maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient’s condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider. Participates in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments provided during examination or needed. Assists or as directed, schedules and coordinates hospital admissions or procedures, specialty and procedural referrals, and in-office procedure activities. Clinic Coordinator provides essential daily support to the Director / Practice Manager and to the staff to ensure efficient clinical operation of the Practice. Is a clinical resource for medical assistants in assigned practices. Responsible for coordination of multiple providers. Is an Electronic Medical Record superuser.
- Facilitates training of staff and develops their skills in office procedures, understanding EMR, divides workload effectively. Ensures staff is properly and thoroughly trained
- Coordinates appropriate onboarding and training for newly hired staff.
- Assists Practice Manager with DHS preparedness and survey readiness
- Serves as the superuser for EMR in practice: point of contact for questions and issues for practice providers and staff, supports newly hired practice providers and staff, and acts as a liaison with NextGen support staff and practice administration.
- Works with EMR support team to educate end users regarding upgraded functionality and changes in standard work flows or best practices
- Attends superuser training and additional training as required for continued competency on EMR functionality
- Monitors back office staffs’ compliance with DHS regulations: Environment of Care, Point of Care Testing, Medication Management, Infection Control, proper handling and labeling of laboratory specimens
- Maintains essential clinical supply inventory; anticipating future scheduled patient’s needs, and ensures time allotted is appropriate.
- Functions effectively and professionally in stressful situations. Able to stay on task and multi-task to effectively meet deadlines
- Ensures appropriate staff levels in the practice to meet clinic needs. Fills in positions as needed due to absences or increased work loads
- Coordinate patient’s office visit discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Prepares all charts for next day’s appointments by reviewing physician notes to determined what must be available for the visit.
- Returns phone calls from patients or physician offices in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all coding is completed properly on office and hospital superbills prior to submitting to Front Office Assistant.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Medical Assistant Certification
- 3 years’ experience as Medical Assistant
- Experience with electronic medical record
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copay is $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.