Clerk/ Scheduling Coordinator
About Steward Health Care Systems
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Responsibilities for Surgery Scheduler:
- Coordinate the surgery scheduling, referral management, and prior authorization processes for patients.
- Identify and handle customer needs, providing exceptional customer service in a timely and efficient manner while working in a team environment.
- Screen and update established patient information for accuracy, and schedule procedures according to procedure description.
- Work closely with clinical department staff and hospital staff to schedule procedures in an efficient manner based on departmental scheduling protocols.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year in healthcare setting performing scheduling, registration, insurance verification and or billing functions.
- One (1) year surgery scheduling experience (preferred)
- This position must be available to cover or rotate clinics
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled