Chief Medical Officer
Under the direction of the President and Chief Executive Officer, serves as a liaison between administration and medical staff by recruiting and training new physicians and advanced practice professionals, ensuring medical staff members’ adherence to its bylaws and policies, overseeing medical staff’s utilization of hospital clinical services, fostering medical staff engagement and leadership, and leading and participating in initiatives to improve clinical quality, safety, and the patient experience. This position will telecommute to all Florida Steward Health Care facilities located in the following cities Rockledge, Melbourne and Sebastian. There is availability for this position to be based out of one of the other Steward Hospital in those three cities.
- Leads and promotes a culture of collaboration, trust, and communication across departments, throughout the medical staff, and across the continuum of care
- Promotes active participation of medical staff in quality improvement and professional practice review.
- Organizes and coordinates physician services and the services provided by other professionals as they relate to patient care and will oversee the quality of radiology, pharmacy, and lab services.
- Performs Chief Medical Officer duties as defined by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules, Regulations, and Policies including periodic review of physician performance, management of unprofessional behavior, and representation on medical staff committees.
- As a member of hospital administration, advise management on the development and performance of operations, particularly on aspects which impact on the ability of the Medical Staff to properly perform clinical care and services to patients
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures, and guidelines designed to assure the provision of adequate, comprehensive services and will also monitor, evaluate, and improve performance of medical services through performance improvement program.
- Works with medical staff and administration to ensure high value and high quality of care is delivered to patients with a focus on improving the patient experience, improving the health of the population, and maintaining fiscal responsibility and will be a part of the multi-departmental approach in improving the case mix index.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- A strategic thinker; demonstrates command of healthcare issues and trends. Patient-centered philosophy.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative management style.
- Education: Graduation from an Accredited Medical School (MD/DO Degree)
- Graduate management degree (e.g., MBA, MHA, MPH) or equivalency preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in a clinical setting.
- Certification/Licensure: Board certified in a clinical discipline. Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida.