Certified HIM Analyst - Revenue Management
Job Summary: The Certified HIM Analyst will work under the direction of the HIM Validator and HIM Corporate Director at the centralized billed office to assist all clinical departments and hospitals with backlog of outpatient coding and validation when hospital coders are not available.
- Maintain DNFB and Unbilled claims for Clinical areas
- Work with the hospital departments to achieve achievement the HIM corporate goals for DNFB and Unbilled during the conversion to ICD-10.
- Attends and actively participates in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Supports team decisions
- Builds and maintains good working relationships in own and other departments/teams
- Maintains and efficient and effective level of productivity while working unsupervised.
- Performs duties as assigned as evidenced by work being complete when reviewed.
- Willingly accepts any tasks assigned by supervisor without the need for follow up.
- Enhances professional growth and development through in-service meetings, educational programs, conferences, workshops, and trade publications.
- Works within the Centralized Business Office (CBO) Assisting in reconciling coding and billing issues
- Works within the CBO using ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 classification systems and 3M encoder software along with Meditech computer system, and reference materials and assigns appropriate codes/charges to cover for vacation, leave of absence, and vacancy when hospital coders are not available and as added support during ICD-10 conversion.
- Seeks additional information as needed to clarify diagnoses and procedures.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of medical terminology, and interprets general medical classifications for coding discharge data using knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
- Follow up on outstanding/uncoded/incomplete charts, minimum once per week.
- Able to perform inquiries on electronic systems without assistance to retrieve necessary information.
- Anticipates routine information needs such as who to contact for additional information
- Observes patient's right to confidentiality in all handling of medical information.
- Provides feedback of areas of opportunity if necessary.
- 1-2 years of acute care hospital coding experience preferred
- Must be a recent graduate of a CAHIIM/AHIMA accredited program with completion of the CCS/RHIT/RHIA program including the successful completion of the credentialing exam, or recent graduate eligible to sit for the exam.
- CCS/RHIT/RHIA or recent graduate of accredited program eligible to sit for exam.
- Experience with MediTech and 3m preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, professional environment and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong interpersonal/public relations skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers in a diverse environment.
- Ability to establish priorities effectively.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 48865