Why choose Steward Medical Group?
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance at competitive rates.
- Time off includes 11 paid holidays and up to 3 weeks of paid vacation so that our employees can enjoy time spent with family and friends. Employees will also accrue sick time in addition to vacation time.
- We value our employees drive and offer tuition reimbursement to those looking to further their education and professional development.
- A more casual dress code for those who enjoy a little more comfort!
This position is responsible for providing trending and expert level root cause analysis in active and closed accounts receivable. The AR Analyst acts as an additional training and quality support for the Accounts Receivable teams and a resource for the Revenue Performance Managers (RPM) and Practices to proactively report out on actionable claims denials, process breakdowns, and payor nuances impacting office and financial behaviors.
• Review workflow dashboards and AR aging reports with the assigned divisional RPMs to identify trends that impact the practice and back office financial performance
• Leading weekly and/or monthly calls with divisional RPMs to discuss trends and accurately and completely document all communications, trainings and other transactions between the RPMs and AR
• Provides training related to SMG CBO policies and procedures to RPMs and other Accounts Receivable staff
• Independently manage and monitor own daily work related to resolution of third-party payer accounts receivable follow-up, billing and re-billing and favorable resolution of denials and underpayments
• Provide subject matter expertise regarding specific payors to revenue cycle associates and others throughout the CBO in accounts receivable follow-up, billing, denials and/or underpayments.
• Assist in the evaluation and recommendations of programs, procedures for improved operations, modifications to and/or implementation of new procedures.
• Identify and work with leads and management to resolve problems in CBO processes and when appropriate, initiate changes to prevent future problems
• Maintain professional competency, according to department policies, procedures and protocols.
• Maintain a repository of knowledge required to train new revenue cycle associates including manuals, tip sheets and other materials.
• Maintain strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Required Experience & Skills:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
• 2 years minimum experience in provider billing with specific payor(s) subject matter expertise.
• Experience with patient accounting systems, billing/claim submission software required.
• Possess ability to investigate, analyze and in coordination with management, resolve departmental issues.
• Possess ability to work efficiently and accurately, and to organize and plan work.
• Possess flexibility and adaptability to work additional hours and to work under stress.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers both within and outside of Steward.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
1. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
2. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
3. A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 55098