Care Coordinator Assistant
- Identify patients who have had a recent transition of care and assist with follow up and discharge and/or further access to care needs.
- Contacts patients to make follow-up appointments for Wellness visits and other follow-up care. Manages other lists of patients that need to be contacted for visits within the clinics.
- Document the various quality measures (HEDIS, CQMs, Core Measures, etc.) that are missing for that patient’s medical condition or age at the direction of the Care Coordinator.
- Assists in identifying members through the reports from the health plans regarding those patients that are high utilizers of ERs or Urgent Care Centers and identify ways to decrease inappropriate utilization.
- Provide supportive services to patients when scheduling appointments and transportation.
- Consult Case and/or Disease Manager with the payer if the patient needs ongoing care coordination, at the direction of the primary care provider.
- Help ensure that gaps in care, service and data collection are addressed.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Always maintains HIPAA confidentiality.
- Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Undergraduate degree preferred but not required
- Clinical background
- One to three years’ in a managed care (may accept clinic experience as a case manager)
- Three to five years’ experience interfacing with patients on care needs
Salary Range: $15.01-$20.00
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.