Care Coordinator Assistant
- Identify patients who have had a recent transition of care and assist with follow up and discharge and/or further access to care needs.
- Contacts patients to make follow-up appointments for Wellness visits and other follow-up care. Manages other lists of patients that need to be contacted for visits within the clinics.
- Document the various quality measures (HEDIS, CQMs, Core Measures, etc.) that are missing for that patient’s medical condition or age at the direction of the Care Coordinator.
- Assists in identifying members through the reports from the health plans regarding those patients that are high utilizers of ERs or Urgent Care Centers and identify ways to decrease inappropriate utilization.
- Provide supportive services to patients when scheduling appointments and transportation.
- Consult Case and/or Disease Manager with the payer if the patient needs ongoing care coordination, at the direction of the primary care provider.
- Help ensure that gaps in care, service and data collection are addressed.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Always maintains HIPAA confidentiality.
- Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Undergraduate degree preferred but not required
- Clinical background
- One to three years’ in a managed care (may accept clinic experience as a case manager)
- Three to five years’ experience interfacing with patients on care needs
Salary Range: $15.01-$20.00
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.