Cardiac Echo Tech
- Performs routine and transesopageal echocardiograms of high quality on newborn, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. (TEE – adult and geriatric only).
- Obtains pertinent clinical information and documents such on appropriate forms for physician review.
- Keeps equipment clean and in good working order. Assures an adequate amount of supplies are available.
- Coordinates scheduling of patients with nursing units and outside physician practices. Schedules to provide an efficient and expedient performance of testing.
- Accurately documents tests in log book, appointment book, and computer scheduling system.
- Enter charges appropriately into hospital information system and documents recording physician according to established protocol.
- Maintain files and tape storage. Mails or faxes reports, as required.
- Recognizes own learning needs and assumes responsibility for professional growth.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship and rapport with cardiologists.
- Graduate of an approved program in Echocardiography.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certification Preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Candidates with on-the-job training and proven, documented competency may be considered.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.