Card Operations Analyst
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Why choose Steward Medical Group?
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance at competitive rates.
- Time off includes 11 paid holidays and up to 3 weeks of paid vacation so that our employees can enjoy time spent with family and friends. Employees will also accrue sick time in addition to vacation time.
- We value our employees drive and offer tuition reimbursement to those looking to further their education and professional development.
- A more casual dress code for those who enjoy a little more comfort!
The Card Operations Analyst will serve as a primary support to Steward Medical Group (SMG) national credit card system. The COA will work directly with the practices and merchants to maintain, troubleshoot and monitor Credit Card operations.
• Maintain Inventory of all credit card machines and check scanners across all markets
• Work with the practices on issues regarding the functionality of the devices
• Maintain merchant ID log
• Create Deposit locations in Athena net
• Work with PCI officer to maintain PCI compliance
• Work with project management team on initial set up of new practices
• Review and reconcile merchant invoices
• Initiate new MID applications
• Maintain log of all check scanners
• Ensure that all practices have working TOS equipment
• Responsible for the ordering of new credit card machines and check scanners
• Produce Monthly usage and inventory reports.
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of credit card merchant processing
• Ability to maintain complete records and inventory of devices
• Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, in order to bring issues effectively to a resolution
• Ability to identify trends impacting device usage
• Ability to evaluate situations and escalate issues appropriately
• Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with practices and other departments
• Ability to read, understand and interpret merchant statement and fees accessed
• Prior experience with Athena preferred
• Prior experience with merchant processing hardware and software preferred
• Knowledge of PCI compliance regulations
• Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required
• Organizational, time management skills
• Ability to think globally about the patient experience
I. Education: Associates degree or relevant work experience required
II. Experience (Type & Length): A minimum of three years in merchant processing
III. Certification/Licensure: (none required)
IV. Software/Hardware: Athena and Meditech experience preferred
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.