Call Center Team Lead
- Provide patients with World Class service
- Act as a subject-matter expert and “go to” person regarding department systems, policies, & workflow.
- Will monitor and assist to reassign some staff duties as necessary based on inbound call volumes and other workload volumes
- Monitor staff performance and metrics for QA based on standards for the department
- Will determine the patient’s primary reason for calling:
- If the patient requires an appointment, every effort is made for the patient to be seen that same day if possible, for an acute medical issue.
- If not able to be seen same day due to patient preference or due to provider limitations, every effort is made to have the patient seen as soon as possible by another MD or advanced practitioner in the practice
- In the case of an extenuating circumstance or if the patient is traveling and cannot come to the office setting, that patient’s interaction would be forwarded directly to the primary care office for further triage
- If the provider, associated advanced practitioner, or other coverage for the practice that the primary care provider is associated with are not able to accommodate the patient, other practice locations will be offered in order to have the patient gain access to care
- Have knowledge of each practice and providers schedule and scheduling preferences
- Follow SMG Best Practices by following pre-visit planning protocols to confirm patient insurance eligibility and contacting patients with upcoming appointments that have not confirmed through other means
- Responsible for timely, efficient, and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record
- Interact with Practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination
- Provide patients with World Class service
- Act professionally and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect always
- Maintains a positive work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Associates degree or relevant work experience required
- Experience: Experience in customer service, Call Center, & Healthcare
- Software/Hardware: athena experience preferred
- Other: Proven past leadership experience preferred
- Ability to bring tasks to completion in a manner satisfactory to all
- Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, in order to bring issues effectively to a resolution
- Ability to evaluate situations and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with our patients and contacts
- Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Organizational, time management skills
- Ability to think globally about patient experience
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 80530