Call Center Nurse
- Work with physician, physician extenders, and call center staff to provide world-class patient care.
- Responsible for triaging clinical phone calls to the Primary Care Call Center as needed. Call Center agents that require assistance and a clinical opinion or expertise will have access to the nurse to assist. This role will also be responsible for phone calls addressing certain more acute to serious medical conditions as defined by protocol (i.e. chest pain, shortness of breath, severe headache, abdominal pain, or fever over 101 degrees.)
- Works collaboratively and communicates observations with the patient’s primary care provider or covering provider to determine acuity of care, plan of care, and protocols for more serious clinical issues as required.
- Interact with Practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination
- In interacting with patients, they will gather the clinical facts and make an assessment as to plan of care, always in a respectful and appropriate manner to ensure excellent patient experience and outcomes.
- Responsible for timely, efficient, and accurate triage response and documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Work closely with Call Center Agents for clinical questions that may arise.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and assessment of performance for continued systems and process improvements
- Act professionally and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect at all times
- Maintains a positive work environment and structure
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of accredited School of Nursing or License Practical Nursing Program
Experience: Past direct patient care experience required
Certification/Licensure: valid state license required
Software/Hardware: athena and Meditech experience preferred
- Knowledge of health care and or related products, medical terminology, diagnosis, procedure coding, insurance products, and coordination of benefits
- Ability to evaluate clinical situations and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to bring tasks to completion in a manner satisfactory to all
- Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, in order to bring issues effectively to a resolution
- Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with patient issues
- Prior experience with Athena preferred
- Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Organizational, time management skills
- Ability to think globally about the patient experience
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills. Creative, flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to relate positively with patients
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 75570