Call Center Nurse - Intake/Triage LPN
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year. For more information, please visit our website at: https://steward.org/
Summary: The SMG Primary Care Call Center Nurse will provide clinical guidance and phone triage support to patients regarding questions about their care. The Call Center RN/LPN will work closely with the patient’s associated Primary Care provider and office to ensure continuity of care.
• Responsible for triaging clinical phone calls to the Primary Care Call Center. Call Center agents require assistance, a clinical opinion/expertise and guidance. This role will also be responsible for phone calls addressing certain more acute to serious medical conditions as defined by protocol
• Work closely with Call Center Agents for clinical questions that may arise
• Responsible for timely, efficient, and accurate triage response and documentation in the electronic medical record
• Work with physician and physician extenders in practices to provide world class patient care
• Works collaboratively and communicates observations with the patient’s primary care provider or covering provider to determine acuity of care, plan of care, and protocols for more serious clinical issues
• Conduct ongoing analysis and assessment of performance for continued systems and process improvements
• Act in a professional manner and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect at all times
• Interact with Practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination
• Maintains a positive work environment and structure
• Other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of accredited License Practical Nursing Program
Experience: 2 - 3 years of direct patient care experience required
Certification/Licensure: MA Nursing License required
Software/Hardware: Athena and Meditech experience preferred
• Knowledge of health care and or related products, medical terminology, diagnosis, procedure coding, insurance products, and coordination of benefits
• Ability to evaluate clinical situations and escalate issues appropriately
• Ability to bring tasks to completion in a manner satisfactory to all
• Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, in order to bring issues effectively to a resolution
• Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with patient issues
• Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required
• Organizational, time management skills
• Ability to think globally about the patient experience
• Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills. Creative, flexible and self-motivated
• Ability to relate positively with patients
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.