Call Center Agent
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Call Center Agent with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Answer patient telephone calls coming into the Primary Care Call Center using defined protocols and obtain necessary and required information from the patient in order to process the call.
- Call Center Agents will determine the patient’s primary reason for calling:
- If the patient requires an appointment, every effort is made for the patient to be seen that same day if possible, for an acute medical issue.
- If not able to be seen same day due to patient preference or due to provider limitations, every effort is made to have the patient seen as soon as possible by another MD or advanced practitioner in the practice or refer to Urgent Care.
- In the case of an extenuating circumstance or if the patient is traveling and cannot come into the office setting, a patient case will be entered and forwarded to primary care office for further triage
- Have knowledge of each practice and provider’s schedule, scheduling preference and schedule as appropriate.
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Interact with Practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination.
- Provide patients with World Class service.
- Act professionally and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform confirmation calls.
- Perform prescription refills based on Call Center protocol.
- Schedule COVID tests, COVID vaccines and flu vaccines per protocol.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, associate degree preferred
- Call Center experience in a health care setting preferred
- Athena and Meditech experience preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or related products, medical terminology, insurance products, and coordination of benefits preferred
- Ability to evaluate situations and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to bring tasks to completion in a manner satisfactory to all
- Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, to bring issues effectively to a resolution
- Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with our patients
- Experience with Word and Outlook preferred
- Organizational, time management skills
- Ability to think globally about the patient experience
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Creative, flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to relate positively with patients
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers with unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician-owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.