Temporary Buyer Opportunity from 10/21/2019 - 2/14/2020
The Buyer has responsibility for being the main resource for Steward Health Care Facilities in relation to ordering supplies and materials through the process of creating purchase orders through the Meditech Materials Management Purchasing System (MT MM).
• Process purchase requests, place orders, monitor orders, and review/resolve backorders
• Interact/Communicate with Facility end user and vendor
• Maintain Meditech System procedures with timely and accurate data regarding supply prices, delivery lead times, quantity, item number, cost account number, and vendor data
• Utilize GHX and HealthTrust GPO reporting in daily activities related to the Purchasing process
• Work with Accounts Payable to resolve issues related to the Steward Health Care Facility of responsibility
• Work with Contracts Office to resolve pricing/cost discrepancies
• Responsible for ordering supplies, materials, and equipment using the MT MM purchasing system
• Resource to all facilities in relation to product/supply acquisition
• Process Purchase Requests daily (FIFO – First in First Out), creating and placing all purchase orders
• Communicate with end users and vendor on a daily basis in expediting orders, resolving product issues and pricing discrepancies
• Maintain timely and accurate data
• Monitor and communicate pricing variances among facilities; utilizing the GHX-EDI confirmation process, the buyers should note and report variances in pricing among facilities for the same or similar items and communicate variances to Purchasing Director, Analyst and Contracts Dept. Pricing will be verified utilizing information from GHX Order Center, Premier Data Base, and vendor
• Track and resolve backorders/delivery delays - each buyer must confirm to the end users any backorders, delays, or rejections of any order via voice and/or email
• Communicate recall notifications to purchasing and contracts team
• Run MM-A/P Exception Reports to quantify invoice exceptions. Work to resolve the exceptions on a daily basis, maintaining reports that are less than 5 working days in arrears to minimize payment issues
• Resolve credit hold issues with vendor by working with the Accounts Payable Department.
• Work with Accounts Payable on all Pre-Pay orders
• Main resource for facilities in relation to ordering supplies, materials, and equipment using the MediTech Materials Management System.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Team player with strong interpersonal & collaborative skills
• Must be detail oriented, organized, possesses good communication and prioritization skills, and be customer service oriented
• Requires the ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
• Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
• Must be a results-oriented problem solver.
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: 1-2 years' relevant experience.
Software/Hardware: Strong computer skills in MS Office, Meditech Client Server experience a plus.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 15124