Business Intelligence Developer
As SMG continues to expand its use of BI tools to drive effective decision-making, the Data Warehouse Developer will play an instrumental role of providing actionable insight to key business stakeholders. Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence, the primary responsibility of the Data Warehouse Developer is to develop optimized and effective datasets for analysts and other users across the SMG enterprise, along with supporting business intelligence tools and initiatives. This role is an instrumental member of a team that provides reporting to users across multiple organization structures and thousands of healthcare providers within the SMG business unit on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Working with other members of the Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse team, other Analytics and IS teams across Steward, key business stakeholders, and third-party development teams, the Data Warehouse Developer will transform SMG’s analytical data into actionable insights. The Data Warehouse Developer will be expected to develop solutions for projects and initiatives requested by senior leadership from inception through to the final deliverable. The Data Warehouse Developer will also work to automate workflows using Python.
- Develop queries and views for standard and ad hoc reporting, primarily using Microsoft SQL Management Server Studio
- Assist in translating business requirements into ETL processes
- Partner with business analysts, data engineers, subject-matter experts, data architects and third-party developers to identify and develop useful and strategically relevant insights
- Collaborate with other team members leaders to actively influence discussions regarding reporting requirements, product roadmap, product design, and infrastructure needs
- Recommend approaches in design, architecture, and tools used to increase product effectiveness
- Create and maintain technical design documentation
- Gather requirements from users and other SMEs, perform QA testing, and assist users in UAT
- Assist in automating workflows using Python and REST APIs
- 2 – 3 years of T-SQL and Microsoft SSMS experience
- Ability to anticipate how to successfully enable end users to consume and comprehend complex data sets
- Effective communicator, both written and verbally
- Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems with a good understanding of their data models and ETL workflow
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business, or an equivalent field
- Driven to accomplish goals provided with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to multitask and effectively prioritize development efforts
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence or other issue tracking products
- Proven documentation and organizational skills
The Ideal Candidate
- Collaborative spirit, contributes to team dynamic
- Creative energy and a sense of humor
- Possesses a myriad of tools in their tool belt to assist in SMG’s continued investment into more robust reporting tools and methodologies
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical users, provide expertise and strategic recommendations to team
- Able to design processes and products in a scalable manner
- Understands that becoming an effective developer requires a base level understanding of business rules and partners with SME’s to deepen their knowledge of the business
- Experienced managing their individual projects and timelines
- Experienced automating workflows using in Powershell and/or Python REST API’s
- MS in Analytics, a Science, Information Systems, or MBA
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.