Business Intelligence Analyst
Under the direction of the Director of Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is responsible for reporting and providing analysis on Steward Medical Group’s various metrics. The BI analyst will work closely with leaders of internal departments as well as other members of the SMG BI team, members of other data teams within Steward, and external consultants to continue SMG’s expansion of reporting capabilities. The BI analyst will leverage their knowledge of BI tools and languages like SQL, Python, Tableau, and Excel to drive effective decision-making. The ideal candidate will communicate clearly and effectively, be well-organized, and is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, under tight deadlines.
- Partner with business analysts, data warehouse developers, data engineers, business subject-matter experts, and third-party developers to identify and develop useful and strategically relevant insights
- Leverage SQL, Tableau, Python, PowerShell, and Excel to transform data into actionable insight
- Create and automate reporting through Python and REST APIs
- Work with leaders across SMG to provide insight into operational, financial, and clinical issues facing the organization
- Collaborate with other members of SMG Business Intelligence team to increase efficiency of operations and internal processes
- Ability to meet deadlines of multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities
- Communicate consistently, professionally, and clearly
- Synthesize data from multiple sources to provide concise insight
- Ability to learn new tools and new ways of displaying data
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting needs as required to address business needs and opportunities
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- 2+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, or related roles
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required
- Experience automating workflows using Python or R and leveraging standard analytics libraries
- Experience querying databases using SQL
- Experience working with Tableau or equivalent visualization tool
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Ability to successfully enable end users to consume and comprehend complex data sets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Science/Engineering, Business, Finance, or an equivalent field, Master’s degree a plus
- Driven to accomplish goals provided with a positive attitude
- Solves problems imaginatively when needed
- Able to multitask and effectively prioritize development efforts
The Ideal Candidate
- Collaborative spirit and can contribute to the team dynamic
- Creative energy, with a sense of humor
- Curious and resourceful, demonstrates a knack for troubleshooting
- Thrives under pressure
- Able to design processes and products in a scalable manner
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.