Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Biller. The successful candidate will:
- Maintain third party billing records, research and analyze delinquent third-party payer claims, resolution of problems such as reimbursement and then adjust and resubmit claims. Follow up on submitted claims and patient billing.
- Research and analyze delinquent third-party payer claims such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial and Non-commercial carriers; verify patient eligibility, adjust and submit claims as necessary.
- Respond to inquiries from patient/third-party payers; explain insurance coverage to patients, research problems, and correct errors by utilizing accurate ICD 9 and CPT codes.
- Maintain and update patient demographic information for proper billing to Insurance carriers as necessary.
- Follow up on submitted claims, monitor unpaid claim reports; initiate tracers; resubmit claims as necessary.
- Respond to all inquiries from third-party payers in a timely manner. Respond to inquiries from individual insurance carriers (Commercial and Non-commercial) as well as patient calls with specific insurance questions.
- Post and initiate corrective action for all rejections from checks as well as correspondence from different insurance carriers.
- High School diploma required.
- Knowledge in third-party medical billing with 2 years experience in specialty services preferred.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, high level of organizational skills; self motivated; strong problem solving skills; the ability to exercise independent judgment based upon established policies, protocols, or practices; solid working knowledge of third-party billing, ICD 9 and CPT codes